Monday 14 May 2012

Kailan in Oyster Sauce

Kailan (also known as Chinese Broccoli) is one of my favourite vegetables.Although I am a die- hard non- vegetarian,someone who is not very fond of green leafy vegetables,yet I love Kailan.What I like most about this vegetable is it's crunchy texture.The recipe that I am going to share now is called "KAILAN IN OYSTER SAUCE". I tasted this dish for the first time in Hongkong and loved it so much that I couldn't resist the temptation of trying it again and again.While cooking this recipe at home,I did not use the Hongkong style of cooking Kailan in which mushroom is considered to be an important ingredient as I don't like mushrooms.I tried the simpler version of this recipe without using mushrooms and chicken stock. So,here I am sharing a very simple and healthy recipe that will hardly take 5 minutes to cook.

INGREDIENTS:

*250 g Kailan(also known as Chinese Broccoli).
*2 cloves garlic(chopped).
*2 tbsp cooking oil.
*1/2 tbsp sesame oil.
*Salt and pepper to taste.

FOR SAUCE:

*2 tbsp Oyster sauce.
*1 tbsp sugar.
*1 tbsp soy sauce.

METHOD:

1.Boil half a pot of water.Blanch Kailan in the boiling water for about 30-40 seconds until they become tender yet crunchy.Drain them and place them on a plate.

2.Heat oil in a pan and stir- fry the chopped garlic until they change their colour.Set them aside as they will be used for garnishing.

3.Now add sesame oil and the sauce ingredients.Let them boil for sometime until the sauce thickens.Add salt and pepper.

4.Pour sauce over blanched kailan.Garnish with stir-fried garlic and serve hot.







No comments:

Post a Comment